For ninety years Phi Gamma Nu has been producing leaders of outstanding value, who have gone on to achieve the extraordinary. Our business fraternity excels in encouraging entrepreneurship, by empowering people to harness their passions because today’s entrepreneurial spirit is what fuels tomorrow’s workplace. Our strength comes from our commitment to diversity, which is not just a feel-good notion, but critical to success in the world of business. Most importantly, we are a FAMILY that celebrates the individual.
Phi Gamma Nu was founded for the purpose of fostering the study of business in colleges and universities; to uphold the interest of our Alma Maters through the encouragement of high scholarship, participation in school activities, and the association of students for their mutual advancement; to promote professional competency and achievement in the field of business; and to further a high standard of commercial ethics and culture in civic and professional enterprises.
Phi Gamma Nu proudly upholds Three National Pillars which represent the underlying ideals of the fraternity. As such, events and activities organized by Phi Gamma Nu brothers work to fulfill these goals in practice.
Through Professionalism, Phi Gamma Nu seeks to constantly spread interest in the business field throughout college campuses. To this end, the National Board promotes the chapters’ organization of creative professional events including networking workshops, mock interviews, case competitions and speaker events.
Through Philanthropy, Phi Gamma Nu chapters are able to build strong bonds with their respective communities as well. As the fraternity’s brothers believe in civic responsibility, chapters nationwide organize and participate in community outreach, volunteering at animal shelters, and soup kitchens.
Through Community, Phi Gamma Nu believes in upholding the interest of our Alma Maters through the encouragement of high scholarship, participation in school activities, and awareness of important issues and current events on and around campus. Social events give us an opportunity to strengthen these relationships with our brothers and sisters so that they last a lifetime.
By executing these Three National Pillars, Phi Gamma Nu advances in the pursuit of its goals as a premier business fraternity. We believe that by fostering professionalism, service, and community, we can develop a group of PGN brothers well prepared for future endeavors.
- To provide an environment outside the classroom where students might broaden their understanding of business.
- To foster the professional development of students through tours, forums, speakers and research projects.
- To stress the importance of high professional ethics, rigid standards and exemplary practices.
- To encourage chapters to set up committees that promote involvement in social, community, professional and fund raising activities.
- To encourage chapters to follow the rules established by the National Bylaws.
- To prepare student members for the transition from the college atmosphere to the business world.
- To unite faculty, students, and business professionals through common affiliation in a fraternal organization.
- To be a medium through which students with common professional interests can develop lasting relationships among themselves and with practicing professionals.